Penny Street Station : Lancaster first railway station. Lancaster Penny Street Station, opened in 1840 as the terminus of the Lancaster and Preston Junction Railway, but replaced in 1853 by the Castle Street Station. It remained in use as a goods station until 1967. Designed by Edwin Gwyther of Birmingham. Sandstone ashlar, with ashlar dressings and slate hipped roof. Double-depth plan with rear extensions. 2 storeys and 5 bays under an eaves cornice, with a pediment over the slightly projecting central bay. Now a Nurses Home. Listed Grade II.
Platform 9 3/4: Platform Nine and Three-Quarters is located at King’s Cross Station in London. Magically concealed by the barrier between Muggle Platforms Nine and Ten, this Platform is where Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry students board the Hogwarts Express on the 1st September, in order to attend school. This is the place of separation where the muggle world is split and the magic characters can enter the world of wizardry and make their journey to Hogwarts. This train travels from London’s Kings Cross to Hogsmeade Station at the edge of the school grounds.