Lancaster Railway Station, originally known as Castle Station to distinguish it from Green Ayre station on the Wennington-Morecambe line.
Situated on Castle Hill it was Lancaster’s second train station, built as the new terminus of the Lancaster Carlisle railway, it opened in September 1846. The station is still in use today and connects Lancaster to London and Scotland via the North West mainline.
Hogsmeade Village Station : A small station servicing the school and nearby wizarding village. The Hogwarts express stops here at the end of its journey from Platform 9 ¾ at Kings Cross Station in London. The Hogwarts students then board boats (1st years only) or are taken up to the castle in carriages pulled by Thestrals.
The train station itself has a road up hill to the Hogwarts castle just like Lancaster train station up to Lancaster Castle, it also looks down on “black lake” which is the lake that surrounds Hogwarts and the village of Hogsmeade. Built in the early 1800s when the Ministry of Magic began using the Hogwarts Express, a steam engine train acquired by Minister for Magic Ottaline Gambol (1827-1835) for the safe transport of Hogwarts students.