Opened in 1896 The original building, by architects Paley and Austin, is grade II listed. has its origins in a dispensary which opened in the city in 1781 on Castle Hill and a fever hospital established in 1815. These two institutions combined in premises in Thurnham Street 1833-1896
St Mungo’s Hospital for Magical Maladies and Injuries is a wizarding hospital located in London, England. It was founded by famous Healer Mungo Bonham in the 1600s. The emblem of St Mungo’s is a wand crossed with a bone. Members of the Hogwarts community that are injured at school are usually treated in the Hospital Wing by Madam Pomfrey, the school matron. However, some cases are serious enough that the individual must be sent to St Mungo’s Hospital for more advanced treatment. The matrons that work there are called healers whom also have magic and have a lot of knowledge in the subject. There are six floors at the hospital and it is kept very neat and hygienic like a hospital should, all the staff are in order and know what they are doing.